Friday, May 27, 2016

Meeting your big sister, Halen

On Tuesday, May 24th, after a long day before of your birthday you big sister finally came to meet you. 

Her initial reaction was exactly what daddy and I could ever have hoped for. She squealed with joy and excitement saying, "Baby!" And she wanted to hold you right away, she reached out her sweet, two-year-old arms for her baby sister. We all gathered on the hospital bed, where Halen could hold you and she was so happy. Later she held you again on the couch and wanted to see your "toesies" and when you started to cry she said, "What happened baby?" Halen is so nurturing and so excited to have you as part of our family. 

She wore her pink Big Sister scrubs to come meet you, they were darling. She even got upset with me when I had to hold her and feed you. Halen would lift her shirt and say, "My milk." So so sweet. 

You two will be the best of friends and I am absolutely honored to facilitate and help nurture that precious relationship. 

We love you Henley!

No comments:

Post a Comment